Last Visit: Jul 2016
Stayed: 4 days
Suggest Staying: 1 week
Transport: Taxi, bus
Highlights: City, cathedrals, gardens
Suggest Staying: 3 days
Stay Around: Old Town
- Lodging: $133 (AirBnB)
- Transportation: $30 (taxi, bus)
- Activities: $3 (castle)
- Food: $80 (estimated $20/day)
- Weather. It apparently rains quite frequently in Lithuania, so keep that in mind for planning your activities.
- Guides. InYourPocket offers great advice on the city in the way of sights, food, nightlife, etc.
- Beer. Supposed to be very good, but not well known outside Lithuania because not much of it is exported.
- Language. The native language doesn't have curse words, they are actually borrowed from Russian. So polite are Lithuanians.
- How To Tell If A Girl Is Single.. I was told by local girls that there is a trick with the end of the last name that indicates if a girl is single. Clever, but slightly complicated, at least if you don't understand the language. It's also irrelevant because this naming convention isn't necessarily still used with the new generation. Interesting nonetheless and fun topic of conversational.